¡Hola! Welcome to Entre Dos Podcast. We’re Monika Leal and Paula Niño Kehr, and we’re here to walk along with you as you raise your bilingual children. We’re journalists and moms to young bilingual daughters, ages 6 and 8.
We’ve discovered that raising bilingual and bicultural children may seem straightforward, but it’s far from it, particularly in the U.S. Plus, there are a lot of myths and misinformation around bilingualism that may discourage parents or make them feel lonely in their pursuit.
We started Entre Dos to share resources and answers to questions that we ourselves had about bilingual parenting.
Not sure where to start?
Our first two episodes (as rusty as they now sound) are a good place to get a sense of why we started Entre Dos and what we’ve done in our families.
We also suggest you listen to these popular episodes.
- Frambuesa or Raspberry? Expert Anny Castilla-Earls tells us what we can expect from an emergent bilingual mind
- Family Dynamics and Bilingualism
- On Heritage, Language and Identity
- Bilingualism and Speech Delays: Dispelling Myths
- Decoding the Bilingual Brain, Part I and Part II
- Moco y Baba: A Grassroots Language Community
- Effects of Bilingualism on English Language Reading Ability
- We Live Languages: A conversation with Madalena Xanthopolou
- Advocating for Bilingualism: A Call to Action
It takes a village to raise a bilingual child …
Monika & Paula